http://www.paid-to-promote.net/?r=fahrizal Tattoo Q2: Modems Gone Bad

Modems Gone Bad


So, what did it take to fix my awful Internet connections??

Turns out the signal to my house is perfectly strong and acceptable...

It was the damned RCA Modem... I guess, like a tub of cottage cheese, they can go bad...

So, while the lights danced and it looked like it was perfectly fine... Once switched out for a new one... Viola!... It was the culprit!

Time Warner Cable guy that came here was awesome! Very knowledgeable, efficient, personable and fun. He helped with a few other complicated issues too... And even called a guy at headquarters to get answers to some of my more complicated questions...

My slow upload speeds?? Easily fixed... But only IF I upgrade to another package... (I wasn't even aware of tiered pricing. When I started it was a flat rate for home service and speeds were blazing...)

Also learned that Speedtest.Net is THE Speed Meter that everyone uses these days... With Speedtest, I'm pulling a 19.17 Download and 0.49 Upload... (Also, the Ping test shows an A for Line Quality, 12 ms ping, Jitter, 1ms, and a Packet Loss of 0%)

What are YOU pulling??

Please run Speedtest.Net yourself and put the results in the comments along with the kind of connection you have (Cable, DSL, Fios, Wireless, Etc... And location: New York, London, Podunk, Orangeburg, Babylon, Charlotte, etc...)

I'm just curious...