http://www.paid-to-promote.net/?r=fahrizal Tattoo Q2: More Memorial Day Weekend

More Memorial Day Weekend

Humid and hot today already... And it's only 8:30am. Some people love this, of course... I hear them commenting about this "beautiful" weather... Me?... I pretty much just wanna kick 'em!

A friend on Facebook posted yesterday: "A beautiful day, perfect for going into a dark movie theater and watching horror movies." I concur completely!


Been eating a *lot* more vegetarian lately... Things I've learned already through trial and error?: Get the Low-Sodium Goya Beans... A tablespoon into just about any dish adds plenty of protein... The low salt rule was learned the hard way... "Oh, Boya!"

Already found a coupla good vegan dishes at my favorite neighborhood Indian Restaurant Basera... The Baigan Bharta eggplant and the Aloo Gobhi cauliflower potato thing... The latter was especially prepared spicy at the suggestion of the manager who had mastered the way I liked my Chicken Tikka Masala and Saag Paneer previously! Nice... Will try their Dal eventually... They have a dark and yellow combo dish... We'll see... And the Nan Bread is still fine!

Was all ready to try Otarian yesterday but the girl behind the counter was inept and/or had an indecisive customer ... Nobody else that worked there seemed interested in jumping on another register to move things along... So I exited... I can go bonkers in those kinds of situations and know it's sometimes better for me to just leave... After the deep breathing exercises fail!! LOL...

Also... Been steaming fresh greens and adding them to the side of whatever veggie dishes too... And have stepped up the stash of sweet potatoes to have on hand for a quick microwave...

Sat pm on a Saturday night and Meze Grill was closed??? LOL... Was headed for a Falafel platter... But nope... The guy waved at me through the locked door from behind his counter... "Helloo, there, Mister"... Then along came three women and a baby stroller...They were disappointed the place was closed, too... Never even occurred to me that a Hell's Kitchen restaurant would be closed at 6pm on a Saturday night?? Well, good luck with that business plan...

Woman at Chai Thai was encouraging me to try their Sauteed Vegetarian Duck dish with Chili and Basil Sauce next time... And I will. Wish I'd thought to ask her advice before I ordered the shrimp Pad Thai...

Am still doing eggs... And dairy... (Just for the record)

Have a good Sunday, Y'all!