http://www.paid-to-promote.net/?r=fahrizal Tattoo Q2: Pre-Labor Day Recollections

Pre-Labor Day Recollections

064Last weekend of summer staycation... *Sigh*.

It's been a truly great summer break. Despite hurricanes and earthquakes... New events, sights, personal growth, and catching up with so friends old and new!

Had a flood down here from the upstairs apartment. The moisture badly warped the signed matte of a Disney sericel... Unfortunately, it's the only one I had that was autographed by a deceased voice over artist from one of the original classic films... Will take it to an expert to see what can be salvaged...

Accidents happen. And things are only things...

Doing cleaning and de-cluttering projects all weekend around the place...

077I don't care for this new Blogger... Composing in Compose mode puts in too many line breaks... Composing in HTML puts in none. And the automatic saves trip me up all the time. Phooey. I'll give it some time to see if I adjust...

Generally speaking, I hate change... Usually... Though I acknowledge that I strive for it... Because I think it's good.  Go figure.

Needed to stay inside and out of the sun after a topical medical treatment the other day...

I can always use the excuse to stay in and do chores! Have cleaned the bathroom, and kitchen, cleared the hallway, defragged and scandisked the computer, reset a coupla drivers for mouse and keyboard, installed a Netgear N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router and vacuumed, too!... Still more to do: Do a test run of a new portable scanner... And start updating software on a notebook computer that I haven't used in a loooong time but plan to use it at work starting next week...

003
Yesterday morning at the clinic, I offered the nurse $20 bucks to permanently alter my birth year on my medical chart to make me 20 years younger. Said she just couldn't possibly do this. One little digit. ...Can you imagine?


Latest guilty pleasure: Portabello quesadillas from Burrito Box = Fabulous.

July 2011 rainfall total for NYC area was a whopping 18.95". Wettest month on record. Ever! Normal for August: 4.22". Previous record: September 1882, 16.85".

I'm fish sitting this week. Laura the goldfish.  She hates me and she is always trying to commit suicide by leaping out of her container. I just hope she keeps it together til her owners get back!

045Next week: cat sitting for another couple of friends... Well, not as much sitting as running over and feeding them in their apartment for three days...

Haven't eaten any meat since last May. Need to get my cholesterol checked to see if that has made a difference... Though I know I need to give up dairy and do more cardio to probably make the real difference...

New York City is gearing up for the 9/11 tenth anniversary. I can't wait for it to be over. All too morbid for me... And I have no desire to re-visit any of it... I remember it all too perfectly well.

I thank God everyday for my parent's continuing good health and independence...

Let me just say, I'm enjoying my self-imposed media embargo. I plan to extend it... Makes my life happier!

007I love 7pm curtain times on Broadway! I saw two shows this week with 7pm curtains. There oughta be a law requiring this!

Lots of new pictures on Todd's Flickr profile. Some are accompanying this post... Lots of new tweets on Todd HellsKitch's Twitter Profile if you want to fill in the blanks...

OK, I have to now go back and sing to the fish... It's the only thing that keeps her from slamming against the walls of her Tupperware mobile home... She seems to like my Ethel Merman impersonation.

But she still hates me, I'm quite sure...