http://www.paid-to-promote.net/?r=fahrizal Tattoo Q2: Follies: It's Like I'm Losing My Mind...

Follies: It's Like I'm Losing My Mind...


I saw the new revival of Follies on Broadway yesterday...

Oh... My ... God...!

The whole production is chilling and magical...

Bernadette Peters is absolutely brilliant...

You can't keep your eyes off her... She's sooo fragile and plays this part to the hilt...

She is spellbinding...

I wept through most of the damned thing... Soooo moving...

Stephen Sondheim's brilliant(-most) score is given top treatment here. Never upstaged or lost for a minute...

When I first heard of this show in 1975 or so and listened to the original cast recording, I was a high school kid myself... Now that I'm actually older than some of the characters played on the stage... And had my own show business career in my own youth, it's compelling...

I sat in the front row... So I saw every sequin and feather on every fabulous costume, and every well acted bead of sweat on every brow...

Poignant to the bone...

You MUST see this... They say it's a limited run... But what a waste to not be able to get Tony's for SO many in this cast and production because it closes too early in the season to be remembered...!

Also: Read this lovely interview of Bernadette Peters by Jesse Green in New York Magazine...

(Bottom image by Pari Dukovic for New York Magazine.)