http://www.paid-to-promote.net/?r=fahrizal Tattoo Q2: The Photography of Roy Blakey

The Photography of Roy Blakey

For many years, when I was in the business of show, Roy Blakey did all my promotional photography...

Needless to say my publicity pictures were *nothing* like these artistic shots now posted on the Artistry of Male Gallery...

As a lady cabaret performer pointed out to me when I first booked a session with Roy... "He's like a little elf jumping all around".

His studio was up a steep stairwell in Chelsea and he would virtually run down the stairs to let one in and then dash back up the hill like a little leprechaun ahead of you...

He was great fun to work with and so the shots he got were always fun looking...

But not as fun as these shots shown here, I'm afraid... LOL!

I wonder whatever happened to Roy Blakey? I know he sold his NYC studio and moved out West many years ago. I think of him often and fondly... And especially when I'm in the area where his studio used to be... Near 24th Street next to what was once Billy's Stopless, a treasured Manhattan landmark for many years.

Both Roy and his colleague Kenn Duncan were famous for show business photography for After Dark magazine